Makeup: For Beginners

 

 

Hello Girls,

I little history about me and my obsession with makeup. I first started wearing makeup at around the age of 16/17, but this was only eyeliner (kohl) and lip balm. At the age of 18 my friend introduced me to YouTube and she wore makeup really well which was what initially got me into makeup. I have since then been buying and trying makeup for approx. 5 years . Makeup is amazing but it can be a little overwhelming when going shopping as there is so much to choose from.

A little funny story, the first time I bought foundation was probably age 17/18 and guess what happened. I bought the Rimmel wake me up foundation.

Yes, you can laugh at me. I honestly don't what on earth I was thinking. I kept it because it reminds me of my beginner days. I hope you girls find this post useful.

I know a lot of girls are afraid foundation will ruin their skin but that's far from the truth. As long as you take care of your skin and DO NOT SLEEP with makeup you will be absolutely fine.



1. Foundation or a BB cream for an even complexion and a clean base for the rest of the makeup. I would recommend the Revlon Colourstay which is my absolute favorite drug store foundation and concealer.
2. A concealer a shade or two lighter to conceal and brighten under eyes.
  *Tip: Mix your foundation with your moisturizer to get a very natural bb effect.




3. Blusher - I would recommend getting an affordable blush palette for beginners, that way you can use different colours to find out which blush shades you like the most. This makeup revolution blush palette has 8 blushers to choose from and its only 6 pounds here

Cream blushers are amazing as they are so blend-able and easy to work with. I would recommend applying it with your fingers and then blending it out with a brush or beauty blender.



4. Brush - this real techniques multi-task brush is a MUST for beginners as it can be used for a variety of things.
 I bought it in a brush set here








5. Brows - you know we all want our brows to be on FLEEK! An eyebrow kit is essential for anyone wanting their brows to look well groomed and presentable.
This is the collection 2000 eyebrow kit.










6. Lips - when I was a beginner I used to wear tinted lip balms but I think this are an amazing option. These are the Revlon lip butters, they are so moisturizing and give a hint of color.








These are some of the products I would recommend to a beginner. Last advice: try to read up on reviews before going makeup shopping so you don't waste money on products that aren't worth the money or quality.

If you would like an in depth review on these products, comment below and let me know.

P.s. Most of the products I mentioned in this post are on sale at the moment. Get them whilst the sale lasts.

*TIP: Do remember when watching YouTube or reading Blogs that all the makeup the girls have they didn't buy all at once but have accumulated over the years.

Thank you for reading (thank you smilingeyez for the blog post idea).

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment